Wednesday, July 2, 2008

More Ramblings

1. We got bonuses today. Depending on how long you've been with the agency, your check will reflect that. I had all plans on finishing up my shopping for my vacay to New Orleans AND getting my hair done. Needless to say, looks like I'll be getting a "box perm" from the corner store and making due with what's already in my closet... lol!!!

2. Grad school is starting to become a little overwhelming. I keep on having thoughts about POSSIBLY pursing a Phd in social work once I get my Master's but I don't know...guess the best thing to do would be to turn it right on over to God, huh?

3. Speaking of grad school...during my weekend escape to the Big Easy I'll be doing some a little homework :( On next week, I have a 2 papers due and I have NOT started!!! We had to read Toni Morrison's "The Bluest Eye" and also critique 3 articles which should be directed toward our preferred topic of interest because that it most likely be the topic that we have to research throughout the duration of the program...

I hate asking people for help, so it killed me when I had to email my professor and ask her to give me some direction for the aforementioned task of critiquing journal articles. But, I'm glad I did because she gave me some good pointers... So I think I'm going to look at focusing my research toward school-aged Black males -- most notably the effects of ADHD... Let me just say that I already have my thoughts regarding this and I think that many children get misdiagnosed AND then given a label that will follow them throughout their school years. However, the situation is made even worse when you have parents that aren't really involved in their child's school life.... Anyway, I'm not gonna get on a soapbox, but I am looking forward to my research... :-)

4. A lady that my agency just hired two weeks ago just walked out last week and I absolutely had no idea!!! Lol! The agency that I work for isn't big and everyone is CONSTANTLY in everyone else's business so it's extremely laughable that I had no idea that this lady had been gone for almost a week before I even noticed!!

However, I think that it's a testament that I stay out of everyone's business because I have too much going on in my life to think about another grown woman's whereabouts. Needless to say, when I did finally ask someone where the lady was, that person literally laughed in my face and asked where had I been for the last few days? I replied, "in my own world".... lol

No comments: