Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday Topics...

I figured that I might blog for a minute since I'm working from HOME today (lol)...

1) Yesterday, my significant other and I were talking. He "suggested" that once my lease is up, that I needed to move back in with him. ERRR???? The reason, as he stated, was that we could save some money. I collected my thoughts and let him know that my cousin and I were thinking about possibly getting an apartment together for that very some purpose -- to save $$$. Well, then, he goes on to say that he feels left out and would like the opportunity to save money. Additionally, he went on to state that since we have been talking about getting married that it would make more sense to live together. But, that's when I took the opportunity to suggest that he move to a smaller apartment and in response to that, he said that the next time he moved it would be into a house... While I admire his desire to save money, I also KNOW that moving back in with him would be a recipe for disaster!!!

However, I've been trying to practice the art of negotiation as of late...AND DRUMROLL PLEASE....we decided to go to the bank and start a joint savings account!!!! He and I set up an automatic withdrawl that will some money out each time we get paid. Does it seem weird that I feel like this is an extremely grown up decision???

2) Last night, I was talking to one of my former supervisors from the Coach store. She and I have remained close throughout several years; in fact, I actually call her "my 2nd mother". Anyway, she asked me who I was going to vote for. From past experience, I've learned that you have to be careful who you divulge your politcal ideas to and judging from her reaction to my answer, I should've known better. But, I honestly thought that since we're close, that we could have a decent discussion about it...not so much.

As soon as I told her that I was voting for Obama, she immediately started ranting and raving and telling me how she disliked him and HATED his wife... Okay, and??? I don't know if she expected me to change my preference but either way I didn't really appreciate the conversation... I don't have a problem with conversing with people about politics...actually I enjoy it. However, it becomes a problem when you become too pushy about it.

3) Grad school update....got a 101 on my midterm and a 98 on my first paper!!! Go me!!!! :)

4) One last thing, while I was typing I just found out that one of my friends since middle school has given birth to a bouncing little boy!!! Yay!!! It seems like everyone is having getting married and/or having children. That's great but I often wonder when I will feel "ready" for that stage in my life. While I was at home this past Saturday, my parents and I were talking about how one of my best friends is looking for songs for her wedding. Well, my mother tells me that she had compiled a list of potential wedding songs (and I quote) "just IN case I decided to get married". LOL!!! Apparently, my mother thinks that since I haven't jumped the broom at age 26 going on 27, then it probably isn't going to happen any time soon... hahaha

No comments: