Monday, September 1, 2008

Deadly Sin Secrets

Found this on Trice's blog and thought I'd pontificate on it as well :-)...

1. LUST: Besides your current Significant Other who do you lust for or have you lusted for? Blair Underwood...saw him on a commercial for a new show and was seriously taken aback about how good he looks even though he can probably join the AARP
2. GLUTTONY: What food brings out your inner glutton?
A good Sunday brunch is sure to make me repent, and don't get it twisted I'm not talking about the brunch at your neighborhood Barnhill's either. I'm referring to the restaurants that either have smooth jazz playing or a pianist in the lobby...I seriously think that's what dreams are made of...omelettes, champagne, great music :)
3. GREED: What are you greedy for?
see previous answer, I feel that this is also very applicable to this deadly sin as well; however, on a serious note, I'm greedy for my Master's and Doctoral degree...
4. SLOTH: What is your plan for an ideal day of sloth?
Nothing spectacular...just kicking back on the couch watching meaningless shows on VH1 or MTV (i.e. The Hills, I Want to Work for Diddy, Luke's Parental Advisory)
5. WRATH: Describe a time that you let out a can of whoop ass on someone.
Lol....I've gotten better MUCH better about this one. These days, I just take a deep breath, smile, and then TACTFULLY let that person know what the deal is without losing my cool, but also letting them know what I will and will not stand for...my motto: There's a way to say EVERYTHING :)
6. ENVY: Who or what do you envy? Why?
No one really because everyone has issues...why would I trade my life's issues for someone else's crap?!
7. PRIDE: Have you ever had to swallow your pride? What are you proud of?
I'm a very proud person and absolutely loathe asking anyone for help, however, there have been times where I've had to let go of my pride and accept the assistance that was given...for instance, my dad was recently in the hospital for a while and people would constantly ask how he was doing and I'd reply with a smile "he's fine, thanks for asking"...while that certainly was not the case, I just did not want to go the thru all the details. Anywhoo, it came a time while I was in my office at work I just felt like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders and I broke down. Throughout my dad's stinct at the hospital, my co-workers knew that something was wrong, but because I wouldn't share what was going on until I couldn't bear it any longer. I'm thankful to know that my co-workers sent up prayers along with my dad's numerous church members, family, and friends which eventually helped him to recover.

Anyway, if you're reading this this...TAG you're it :-)

No comments: