Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Faithfulness...food for thought

I was just reading one of my favorite blogs, "Ross Oscar Knight Photography", and became truly inspired. While I don't know this man personally, his words really spoke to me...

Within his most current blog entry, he discussed how he had been in deep thought about his life, future, etc. However, one thing caught me...he was talking about he and his wife were looking to purchase another home. Long story short, they apparently decided that, for now, they were content with their current home and as long as they stayed faithful to what they already had, then their dreams would be rewarded tremendously...wow...so true.

I think about my life and as well as my closet friends and think about how we get so caught up (almost consumed) into chasing something (whether it's a tangible thing such as material things or simply an idea or feeling such as love) that we lose sight of everything else....

While I believe that God takes care of everyone, I also sincerely believe that he waits to see how or what we do with what we have before he rewards with many of the blessings that we receive... So while I'm sitting up wishing that I had a new Ipod, maybe I should not only be thinking about what I'm doing with my current one but also what are my reasons for even wanting a new one especially if my current one serves me just fine... On the same token, instead of trying to figure out how or when I'll get married, maybe I should just assess what I'm doing with my current relationship and wait on God to do what He has and will always do best...and that's take care of me :)

1 comment:

KNIGHT said...

Great post. Its refreshing to hear that something I have written has blessed you. Take care and I hope you have a wonderful week!

- KNIGHT