Thursday, May 8, 2008

OK....so what now?

So...as I mentioned in my last post, my dad needs a kidney. Out of my dad's family, only myself and my aunt (my dad's sister) stepped up to get tested to see if we matched.

Initially, the nurses told my aunt and I that she would most likely be the best kidney match from my dad since they're biological siblings. Right??? Well, that didn't turn out to be the case... I actually came up to be the better match; more specifically, I was a 5 out of 6 match whereas my aunt didn't have the same blood type.

So, anyway, I went for a glucose tolerance test on this past Monday. It was tiring and my arm was bruised from being stuck so many times...not to mention the fact that I had not eaten since previous evening!!!

Well... I got my results and they won't let me go any further but the test showed that my glucose level was too low during the fasting period... So, not is this the end of the road in terms my giving my dad a kidney but it also means that I need to keep a close eye being a diabetic...

I just called my dad but there was no answer. I feel bad because I was pretty much his only known match so far and he was really counting on having this transplant by the summer... I know that God is in control and has His hand over this whole situation but I still can't help but to wonder "what now?"...I'm thanking God in advance for what's going to happen because I know that whatever His will may be, He is in control. Pray for me and my family :)

1 comment:

Miss White said...

Your father is blessed to have you. Things will definately work out. Fortunately, he has dialysis to conteract his condition. Things will work out.