Monday, March 2, 2009

For Patrice and Kendie :)

So...within the past two days, I have gotten requests for the aforementioned ladies to update my blog. No, scratch that...it wasn't a request; it was more like, a demand. Lol! Anywhoo...I guess I've kinda of developed a blog phobia. Maybe phobia is a strong word, but the feeling is more a less the kind where one side of your mind tells me, "you should update your blog"...meanwhile, the other side says, "you seriously don't have time". Nonetheless, I've decided to get over my blog fear, phobia, etc and appease my loving friends :)

School and work have seriously gotten me bogged down; but, I can handle it. I can't figure out which one is more stressful, but I think that work is close to winning that award. Ugh. The agency that I work for is going through quite a bit of turmoil, so there are constant changes in the midst of people trying to maintain their cool when you can tell that they're one step away from losing it. The economy has seriously affected us because there is not any funding being contributed to the people that we serve. However, in that lack of funding, there are also forces who seem to want to see our agency fail...I'm not going to get specific because I don't know who is lurking around. Either way, there has been a strong push for everyone to be on their "p's and q's" but even in doing so, it almost seems as if we're fighting a losing battle. So, with that I'm extremely grateful that I'm in school because I don't know how much longer my agency will be in existance in its current form....ok, enough of the sad stuff.

Words cannot express how excited I am to be going to Hawaii next month!!!! AHHHH!!! While I'm not exactly in beach-body shape (I have lost weight, though), I'm still really thrilled to get some of that Hawaiian sun!!

Besides that, I'm looking forward to attempting to plan a class reunion alongside my best bud :) I can only imagine the work that's ahead of us and I am realistic enough to know that we probably won't agree on everything. But, I know that we'll work everything out and hopefully it'll be a success!! However, I wish that my other homie-til-end could be more involved, but living in Japan might not be very conducive to planning a class reunion in Decatur, AL, lol! Either way, I can't wait!!!!

Ok, that's enough for now...gotta get back to work. Hopefully, I have appeased the masses by gracing cyberspace with my prescence and thoughts...lol

1 comment:

Trice said...

OMG. I am so tired of hearing about them. Funny (not) thing is that it happens everyday and those people don't get half of the attention that these people are getting.
Reunion planning.. Hmm