Monday, April 6, 2009

Mixed Feelings About a Mixture of Things

1) School's almost out for the semester and I am glad. However, I'd be lying if I weren't truthful in saying that I haven't been the best student. I'd like to finish with a strong finish; however, I'm so far behind that I don't even know where I'd even begin that strong finish...sigh

2) Speaking of strong finishes, I'm supposed to begin an internship for my degree. I'm excited but also apprehensive because it will more than likely require me to quit my job. While things haven't been exactly smooth at my job, I still had job security and a decent but very small paycheck coming in every other week. While at the interview for my internship, I was offered a part-time position so I'll have some money coming in; but, I'm sure it won't be what I was getting. Either way, I'm hopeful and optimistic because God will provide...He always does ;-) Nonetheless, my job requires a 30 day notice and within those 30 days, one is required to make sure that all their files are "up to par"...please sigh with me once more...thanks

3) I should be jetting off to Hawaii in about 3 weeks. While I'm suuuuper excited, I'm apprehensive as well. As the maid of honor, I've been given the duty to make one of two speeches about my dear friend. I'm really excited about this, but I fear that I might get up there and start rambling...However, my biggest prayer that I don't ramble so much that I start to bring up her old boyfriends or another equally embarrassing subject! Lol! I realize that I need to focus my thoughts by writing my speech, but there's so much that I could say about her...just like with all my dear, true friends, I love them bunches :)

4) Within the same vein of my previous thought, my bestie is moving. I'm sad to see her and Miss R leave, but I know it's for the best. I know she'll do well; she always does. It's just a little bittersweet because rather than just merely stopping by to see her on my way back from school or from seeing my parents, I'll have to get a plane ticket and/or a rental car. However, I'm all about growth especially in the Spring...so it's her season and I must accept that and watch her grow

5) Lastly, I don't know if I've mentioned this on my blog but Brandon and I parted ways. With this break-up, I feel very liberated. However, I also feel that I'm not careful, I could end up in a situation that I'm not ready for...more specifically, I been meeting lots of nice guys...some more enchanting than others, lol. Nonetheless, I know that I am what some would call "serial monogomist" (sp?)...I love to have a boyfriend. So it's almost natural for me to feel myself getting attached to people way too quickly; but I realize that is a habit that I MUST break. So, I've been dating different guys and it seems to be working well so far...But, I'd be lying if I didn't see myself getting attached. So rather than repeating my past, I often take self-imposed sabaticals from certain people. The only thing about that is that people don't always understand those sabaticals....I find myself wanting to tell those people," dude, no it doesn't have anything to do with you" or "we're not in a relationship, can you please let me breathe???"...geez! There's much talk about how women are so overly-emotionally and sensitive; however, some men fit in that same category...

Anyway, have a happy and blessed Monday all!!

2 comments:

Miss White said...

Here's a hug!!!

Trice said...

Ohh! HAWAII sounds so fun! Keep the speech sweet and simple (No Big Words)!I AM SO JEALOUS! I need a vacation! Tears!Girl pack your bags and come visit anytime! As far as you and B and the randoms just take your time and enjoy yourself no need to rush.